The last few years have led to many improvements in Doosan’s electric forklifts. Sealed containers and motors can easily withstand outdoor usage, and advances in AC technology have fractionalized maintenance and operating costs. It’s easy to see why material handling is moving towards an electric future since these new technologies have made the cost to run and maintain an electric fleet a fraction of the internal combustion (IC) counterpart.
Switching to electric vehicles (EVs) can significantly boost your operations’ short-term efficiency and long-term profitability by offering benefits including:
- Maintenance and energy costs – An electric forklift has few moving parts and doesn’t have to burn fuel for energy, which can save you thousands every year. You can use the Electric Power Research Institute‘s calculator to see what your company can save on fuel and maintenance.
- Health and Environmental Safety – Electric forklifts benefit the environment long term and your employees today. Adopting an electric fleet significantly reduces harmful fume emissions, improving the air quality and creating a clean workplace.
- Extended Value and Maximum Uptime – Opportunity charging during shift changes and weatherproof internal electronics allow modern electric forklifts to operate indoors and outdoors 24/7.
THE POWER PLAYERS
LOW EMISSIONS INCENTIVES AND REBATES
2021 introduced several government legislation changes that offer incentives to offset the costs and support the deployment of electric forklift fleets. California is especially generous with rebates, discounts, grants, and tax incentives available through programs including:
- Public Gas & Electric (PG&E) – Up to $3,000 per vehicle with 25 vehicles per site.
- The Colton Commercial Rebate Program – Up to $2,000 for a vehicle.
- Zero-Emission Freight and Marine Projects – $34 million available for projects.
- SMUD’s Forklift Incentive Pilot Program – Up to $500 per vehicle.
- Liberty Utility Charger Rebates – Up to $2,500 per charger.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Whether you choose to buy, rent, or lease an electric forklift, Doosan Material Handling Solutions is your go-to dealer. We handle a wide selection of Class I, Class II, and Class III electric forklifts, reach trucks, pallet & stacker trucks, and other warehouse equipment ready to help your business expand.
Are you ready to talk to one of our electrics experts? Contact us today!